Billing & Insurance
We accept most insurances. If you have a Health Maintenance Organization plan (HMO), it is your responsibility to obtain the referral from your primary care physician's office prior to your appointment.
Please contact your insurance carrier to determine your specific benefits including any deductibles, co-insurance, and out-of-pocket expenses. Please verify that our physicians are in-network providers on your plan.
At the time of your office visit, we will ask you for information regarding your insurance and payment for services to be provided to you. We will ask that you present your insurance card to us at check-in so that we can make a copy of it for billing purposes.
Our office staff will be happy to assist if you have question: (702) 792-6700.
- If we are contracted with your insurance carrier, we will file an insurance claim for the insurance portion of your office visit(s) and make the necessary contractual adjustments as a courtesy to our patients.
- We will also file your claims for all surgical procedures.
- The balance due is the patient’s responsibility and payment will be requested from you unless your insurance company pays within 60 days.
- We will accept payment by cash, personal check and/or credit card (MasterCard/Visa).
- For non-insured patients, full payment of the fee is due prior to service.
- All financial questions should be directed to our Billing department at (702) 792-6700.